Meditation
Experience
Meditation is a method that
has been used for centuries in many different cultures. The purpose of
meditation is to unlock and journey into the depths of the unconscious mind.
This can be accomplished by focusing on peaceful and repetitive stimuli such as
soothing sounds and not being disturbed by the outside world. In class we
listened to a recording that would help us meditate. It was a woman with a
soothing voice who was saying instructions that we had to imagine. This was
accompanied by peaceful, soothing and repetitive sounds that would stimulate
the brain to meditate.
At first I didn’t feel
anything. I simply started a journey feeling relaxed as I walked down a
pathway. The experience of walking down a pathway and finding magical objects
was fascinating though. The pictures were very clear in my head, at some points
I even felt I was really there. The place was completely magical and I was
building it little by little according to my likes. What fascinated me the most
out of this experience is how realistic the different lights that shone upon me
were. I was curious the whole time, I wanted to go further into the journey, and
I wanted to know what else would happen. The feelings involved here confused
me. For the most part I felt relaxed and curious. Yet in some parts I don’t
know exactly what it was I felt. This happened every time there was a light
shinning upon me. It was a mixture of being careless and light. In the first
light I felt no joy, yet I wasn’t sad or anything like it. In the violet light
I did feel something close to joy and excitement and in the green one I felt at
ease. When I was with my “guardian” I felt safe and all the other emotions I
felt when under the lights. I really don’t know what to make of what I felt or
what I saw but I would defiantly try meditation again to try and find out what
to make of everything I felt.
No comments:
Post a Comment